Sunday, October 16, 2011

[TRANS] Boyfriend Interview

6 member boyband, boyfriend, has come back with their second single album, “don’t touch my girl.” This song was created by the hit-makers Sweettune.

To match the lively and powerful song, boyfriend has shed off their cute and anime character like image and returned with a more manly and mature look.

What do you think about this album?
Donghyun: “It was an honor to be able to work with Sweettune. The song is very up-beat and fast but if you listen carefully, the words are actually pretty sad. It’s a Boyfriend kind of song.”
Jeongmin: “I feel like the concept has changed a lot from the first album.You can say that we pushed the cute factor a lot in the first single album, but in the second one, we added a more manly kind of style, but it’s still pretty cute. From the song title, to the dance, to the song, we changed to a more mature look.” 

How was the public’s response?
Donghyun: “We didn’t think our concept change was a big one, but our fans kept saying it was such a drastic change and that they’re shocked. “
Kwangmin: “A lot of the fans said I’ve become a lot more manlier now that I cut my hair.”

Weren’t the lyrics a little embarrassing?
Donghyun: “I liked that the lyrics were a little embarrassing, it was more fun for me to sing. Especially in our “Don’t Touch My Girl” song, there are lyrics that say belly and I thought that was really cute.”

I heard you guys were building your bodies?
Donghyun: “We’re getting trained 2 days a week for 2 hours from our trainer. Other than that, we sometimes train on our own.”
Youngmin: “I feel like I’ve become more mature now that I’m building my body.”

Who’s body is the best?
Boyfriend: “That’s definitely our leader hyung.”
Donghyun: "Now that I’m building my body, I’m also trying to keep it in balance. I do all different kind of exercises and is training to just build small muscles here and there. “

I feel like you guys have grown a lot since the last time I’ve seen you. Who grew the most?
Minwoo: “That’s me, me! When I look at the floor, I feel like the space in between my eyes and the floor has gotten higher hehe. “
Donghyun: “I think the twins have grown the most. During our first single album, they were definitely shorter than me, but now I’m pretty sure they’re taller, sigh.”
Kwangmin: “At first (Youngmin) hyung started to grow more and then I started to grow and now we’re pretty much the same.”

Who is your rival group?
Minwoo: “Boyfriend’s rival is Boyfriend.”
Jeongmin: “Because we have to get better ourselves, we pick ourselves as our rivals. “

It seemed like a lot of people mistake you guys for Teen Top.
Jeongmin: “Really? Is it because we have the same number of people? “

Do you guys have a group you guys want to be like?
Minwoo: “Ever since pre-debut, SHINee sunbae-nims have been my role models. I want to become like them.
Kwangmin: I want to be like DBSK sunbae-nims.”
Donghyun: “I want to be like Shinhwa sunbae-nims who are still together. “

Who is the mood maker in the group?
Donghyun: “Jeongmin and Minwoo are the style to do random cute stuff to lift the mood up.”

At a past music program, there was a kidnapping happening done by Ok Taecyeon. How was it?
Donghyun: “I didn’t know it on stage but when I monitored it, it did seem like they were being kidnapped and I thought to myself, so that’s how the word kidnap comes out. We also rose on the most searched terms for a while so I was very shocked. 
Youngmin: “I was really happy that (Ok Taecyeon) hyung said our names on stage. We were both trainees at one time. But the kidnapping articles surprised me.”

Are you guys scared of 2PM?
Kwangmin: “Not at all. I can’t say we’re close to them but they always greet us so friendly.”

You guys are going to be performing on the stage as SNSD soon, are you guys nervous?
Minwoo: “Hmm, I think there will be a lot of things to learn so I’m looking forward to it. “

Do you guys have any close girl group friends?
Donghyun: “We have no close groups in general. There wasn’t a chance for us to befriend anyone. I want to be able to get close to people during this promotion cycle.”
Youngmin: “We have no way of contact.”

Who takes care of you guys the best out of same entertainment girl group SISTAR?
Minwoo: “They are all very nice and friendly but if I had to pick it would be Bora noona.”
Donghyun: “Bora noona is very kind. She’s like that to everybody so she’s the kind of person you just want to get close to.”

What girl group do you look forward to?
Donghyun: “SISTAR recently won first so I think they are a group that you can definitely look forward to.” 

Did your entertainment put a ban on dating?
Donghyun: “They didn’t say anything specifically about not being able to date but if my members did, as the leader I would have to stop them.”

Do you guys have any greed for acting?
Youngmin: “We should first grow big as singers. If we get a chance later in our career then I would love to.” 

What about variety shows? Who would do the best?
Donghyun: “Jeongmin is very funny and is a very bright child with a great personality so I think he’ll do great.” 
Jeongmin: “I can do anything if you guys just ask me! I would love to try a real variety like ‘Infinity Challenge’ or ‘1 Night 2 Days’.’
Hyunseong: There’s a lot of idols coming out on Immortal Song 2. Would you join if you were asked to?
“If I was given a chance I would love to.”
Donghyun: “Hyunseong is practicing a lot on his singing.”

How do you guys manage school while promoting?
Kwangmin: “I’m not able to go. Tomorrow’s a test so I have to study but I’m very worried. But the class president gives me notes on everything so it’s been a lot of help.”

Plans for the future?
Kwangmin: “I want to be able to enjoy the stage. I want to get to know our fans more.”
Jeongmin: “We weren’t able to meet our fans a lot during our first album. But through this album, I’m going to get to know them more and make sure we have a lo~t of fan signings and fan meetings!”
Donghyun: “You guys are going to look forward to us, right?”

Source: boyfriendtrans @ Tumblr